Results last for
What is Profhilo?
One of the highest concentrations of hyaluronic acid in the industry, enabling it to not only boost and hydrate the skin, but also remodel ageing sagging tissue. Profhilo is used to treat skin laxity on the face and neck and helps remodel wrinkled, sagging and creepy skin. The treatment is suitable for men and women as well as offering skin benefits for patients of all ages.
Unlike other anti-ageing injectables that use fillers to add volume and stretch out the skin, Profhilo uses Hyaluronic Acid (HA), a naturally occurring substance in the body that is said to hydrate, firm and rebuild new, younger-looking skin cells.
With dermal fillers, the results tend to be very localised because the gel only stays in the area in which it has been injected, but once Profhilo is injected, it disperses evenly throughout the skin, so the effects are visible across the face, giving a more even anti-ageing result. It hydrates the skin and has a stimulatory effect on the cells producing collagen and elastin to help tighten and lift the skin, improving skin quality giving a more youthful look.
Profhilo is one of a growing suite of anti-ageing treatments on the market. Botox is still thought to be best for treating frown and expression lines, as the neurotoxin works to temporarily paralyse the muscles. And it is quick: you can see results in three days with Botox. Profhilo takes up to a month to show benefits, but it is now considered one of the best forms of attack for ageing, dehydrated and saggy skin.
does not require long periods of recovery
After your skin has been examined and assessed, Profhilo is injected into specific points called bio aesthetic points. This means only 5 injections on each side of the face. Once it’s injected, it spreads like honey being drizzled over fruit, distributing evenly under the skin. Profhilo then integrates with the skin, leading to hydration and bio-remodelling of collagen and elastin.
The procedure is very simple and does not require long periods of recovery, typically taking about 30 minutes after consultation and assessment. Treatment with Profhilo does not affect facial expression and the benefits can normally be seen over the following days.
Research shows that optimal results are visible after 2 treatments, performed one month apart.
The first treatment fills and firms the skin. The second has an anti-wrinkle effect and strengthens the effects of the first injection.
Profhilo products are biodegradable, which means they are naturally broken down by the body. To ensure an optimal and long-lasting result, a top-up treatment is recommended 6 months after your initial Profhilo treatment series.
To enhance the effect of the treatment, cosmetologists recommend 1-2 booster treatments a year however, this may vary depending on patient, skin type and age.
Results can be seen from 2-7 days after treatment. Maximum results will be visible 1 month after the 2nd session. A further session may be recommended to prolong the effect
Profhilo Key Benefits
Stimulates collagen and elastin, attracting water in the deeper layers of the skin
Stimulation of four different types of collagens and elastin takes place by slow release of hyaluronic acid
Skin booster with significant tightening / lifting effect on the tissue
- neutralizes “hamsters”
- Reduced deep & superficial wrinkles
- Lifting effect of the skin including the Jawline & ‘Jowls’
- skin hydration and stimulation
- Improved smoothness of skin
- improves skin firmness and condition
- Improves brightness of skin
- restores the lost contour
- restores a lost profile
- Improves the overall appearance of the facial skin
- neutralizes skin sagging
- gives elasticity
- gives face volumetry
- tightens the skin
- slimming facial features
- rejuvenation and improvement of skin quality
- nourishment of skin cells
- Skin revitalization
- Stimulates production of elastin and collagen
- flabby skin
- sloping face oval
- lost facial contour
- sagging skin around the face
- lack of skin tension and elasticity
- horizontal and vertical skin wrinkles
- drooping cheeks, hamster cheeks
- loss of volume and sagging skin
- flabby, dry, thin, and not very elastic skin
- skin renewal
Before the treatment
- The treatment does not require any special preparations.
- The procedure will normally be preceded by an in-depth medical interview.
- Chemical peels and strong cosmetic products should not be used in the area where the treatment will be performed for a few days before the treatment
- You should not drink alcohol 48 hours before the procedure
- Avoid strong heating of the body before the treatment (solarium, saunas, direct sunlight)
After the treatment
- For 4 days, do not expose yourself to direct sunlight, or warm-up treatments.
- It is recommended to use SPF 50 sunscreen creams
- As with most of our cosmetic treatments, we recommend that you avoid vigorous exercise for 7 days following your procedure, we give up using the sauna, swimming pool, gyms, hot baths, solariums, and other places of a large group of people
- Chemical peels and strong cosmetic products should not be used in the area where the treatment will be performed for a few days after the treatment
- You should not drink alcohol for 24 hours
- Make-up should not be done for 48 hours to prevent infection
- It is important to strictly follow the rules of hygiene: dry your face with disposable towels, tone the skin, keep make-up brushes, and sponges clean, regularly change bath and hand towels, avoid touching your face, replace clean sheets for the post-treatment period.
Possible side effects
- Mild swelling in the area of application
- Slight redness and small injection marks
- Mild bruising due to skin pricking
- Erythema, itching, irritation
- All forms of allergic reactions to the products used during the treatment
- below 18 years old
- pregnancy and lactation period
- allergy / hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the products
- hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid
- bacterial, fungal, and viral skin infections, skin inflammation
- active herpes, i.e., viral lesions
- severe forms of acne requiring pharmacological treatment
- blood coagulation disorders
- use of anticoagulant drugs
- skin allergies
- high susceptibility to allergies
- damaged and irritated skin
- connective tissue diseases
- tendency to develop hypertrophic scars
- tendency to develop keloids
- discontinuity of the epidermis
- decompensated diabetes
- neoplastic and autoimmune diseases
- use of immunosuppressive drugs
- use of corticosteroids (6-8 weeks)
- oral therapy with retinoids, derivatives of vitamin a (at least 6 months break)
- condition after surgery at the site of surgery (up to 2 months)
- multiple melanocytic marks, numerous telangiectasias
- condition after cryotherapy (up to 6 months)
- skin cancers, including undergoing radiation therapy
- mental disorders, lack of cooperation
- oral, long-term steroid therapy
Profhilo is a skin remodelling agent. Once injected it spreads evenly across your skin like honey. It stimulates collagen and elastin and attracts water into the deeper layers of your skin. As a stabilised product, Profhilo lasts in the skin around 28 days (the activity on dermal cells will last longer than that of a non-stabilised gel). During this time, the stimulation of 4 different types of collagens and elastin takes place by slow release of HA.
As with all our injectable treatments, you must have an initial consultation before proceeding with your first treatment. This ensures you are fully educated and informed on Bpermanent standards, before proceeding with treatment.
We are a best-practice studio and consistently deliver optimal results by placing paramount importance on education and informed consent.
Although both contain hyaluronic acid, Profhilo does not have the same thick viscosity as a dermal filler. In contrast, Profhilo is a water-like gel with a similar constancy to honey and injected in small amounts across the face. It spreads beneath your skin, stimulating collagen and elastin to improve skin tone, texture, and elasticity. Profhilo will enhance an entire area rather than fill one specific line or fold like a dermal filler.
Profhilo can flow freely through the deep skin layers in a way that dermal fillers cannot, and it won't produce lumps and bumps. Profhilo is an excellent product for areas like the neck, hands, or arms where fillers are generally not used.
The treatment process, effects, and technology are very different from traditional skin booster treatments. The main difference is due to a unique hyaluronic acid molecule called the Hybrid Cooperative Complex (HCC) which has a combination of both low and high molecular weight HA. The procedure involves multiple tiny injections of a low viscosity HA filler into the mid layers of the skin.
To summarise the complex science, it contains two types of HA. Together they combine to provide both a ‘Hydro’ effect and a volumetric ‘Lift’ effect.
You may find yourself a little red with some swelling at the injection sites which usually subside within 1-2 days. You can return to your normal routine activities immediately after the treatment, other than vigorous exercise for the first 24 hours following the procedure.Mbr> Bruising can also occur, and if it does, it can take a week to heal.
The product is injected just under the skin at bio aesthetic points on each side of your face which is then gently massaged. Profhilo spreads evenly throughout the surrounding tissue to hydrate and stimulate the collagen and elastin production. For best results, you are advised to have 2 treatments one month apart. After a 6-to-9-month period or when you begin to see the treatment’s effects wearing away, then you can top up treatments if you wish to continue. The Profhilo treatment can work independently as a treatment on its own or in combination with other cosmetic treatments.
Profhilo is a relatively safe treatment with a very low risk of side effects. These are usually due to the injection. Temporary side effects include:
- tenderness at the injection sites
Very rare risks have been reported in literature.
Profhilo has proved itself with an excellent safety record since its launch in 2015. Product related reactions are rare. There are some injection related reactions which may occur after any injection; they typically resolve spontaneously within a few days. These reactions include redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising or tenderness at the injection site.
Initially results are visible after 1-2 days, with the results gradually improving.
The full result is normally best around 8 weeks after treatment, after collagen and elastin development.
The results from Profhilo treatments will most often last for up to 9 months, but results can differ from person to person. Typically, clients repeat Profhilo treatments from six to 12 months to achieve and maintain the best results.