Results last for
Revitalises & Stimulates
the skin to regenerate
Microneedling, also known as Dermapen, is recommended for people with skin that requires hydration and nourishment, with signs of ageing, sun damage, acne, discolouration or shallow scars. In addition, it has a positive effect on areas of skin affected by cellulite and works well in the case of losing firmness around the face, neck and neckline. It is also an excellent prophylactic, one-time treatment to improve the overall condition of the skin.
In a short time (about 20 minutes), the skin absorbs up to 90% of the cosmetic product. After the treatment, you can quickly return to daily duties and effects are visible after the first treatment.
The frequency and number of treatments are adjusted to the needs of the client’s skin. The best results are obtained after a series of 3-6 treatments, performed at intervals of 3-4 weeks. Then we recommend repeating this treatment every six months. At the age of about 18-30, a prophylactic one-time care treatment can be performed.
With a course of 3-6 mesotherapy treatments, patients can expect results to last 12 to 18 months after the recommended course of treatment is completed. So, for optimal results, we recommend patients continue treatments in order to maintain their desired appearance.
This of course depends on the condition of the skin, because some issues can be eliminated permanently with microneedling treatments.
when is it worth using this type of treatment?
- firms the skin, smoothes wrinkles and deeply moisturises
- improves skin tension, elasticity, and firmness
- eliminates scars, discolouration and stretch marks
- reduces adipose tissue from different areas of the body
- The skin regains a healthy and youthful appearance
- allows for a lifting effect (using hyaluronic acid)
- improves skin firmness and elasticity
- models the contours of the face
- reduces mimic and static wrinkles
- stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
- reduces the secretion of sebum
- illuminates the skin
- reduces cellulite
- stimulates self-healing processes
- stimulates gene expression
- tired, slack skin, devoid of elasticity and tension
- reduction of wrinkles
- deep hydration
- enlarged pores
- bruising under the eyes
- sun damage, discolouration
- post-traumatic and acne scars
- stretch marks
- baldness and excessive hair loss
- broken capillaries (spider veins)
- grey and dry skin complexion
- thin and flabby skin
- sagging skin (loss of firmness)
Before the treatment
- The treatment does not require any special preparations.
- The procedure will normally be preceded by an in-depth medical interview.
- Chemical peels and strong cosmetic products should not be used in the area where the treatment will be performed for a few days before the treatment
- You should not drink alcohol 48 hours before the procedure
- Avoid strong heating of the body before the treatment (solarium, saunas, direct sunlight)
After the treatment
- For 4 days, do not expose yourself to direct sunlight, or warm-up treatments.
- It is recommended to use SPF 50 sunscreen creams
- As with most of our cosmetic treatments, we recommend that you avoid vigorous exercise for 7 days following your procedure, we give up using the sauna, swimming pool, gyms, hot baths, solariums, and other places of a large group of people
- Chemical peels and strong cosmetic products should not be used in the area where the treatment will be performed for a few days after the treatment
- You should not drink alcohol for 24 hours
- Make-up should not be done for 48 hours to prevent infection
- It is important to strictly follow the rules of hygiene: dry your face with disposable towels, tone the skin, keep make-up brushes, and sponges clean, regularly change bath and hand towels, avoid touching your face, replace clean sheets for the post-treatment period.
Possible side effects
- Mild swelling in the area of application
- Erythema, itching, irritation
- All forms of allergic reactions to the products used during the treatment
- After the treatment, redness, burning and even peeling of the epidermis may appear, which will disappear over time
- There may be also light swelling in the area of the treatment
Microneedling Before & After
- below 18 years old
- pregnancy and lactation period
- allergy / hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the products
- hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid
- bacterial, fungal, and viral skin infections, skin inflammation
- active herpes, i.e., viral lesions
- severe forms of acne requiring pharmacological treatment
- blood coagulation disorders
- use of anticoagulant drugs
- skin allergies
- high susceptibility to allergies
- damaged and irritated skin
- connective tissue diseases
- tendency to develop hypertrophic scars
- tendency to develop keloids
- discontinuity of the epidermis
- decompensated diabetes
- neoplastic and autoimmune diseases
- use of immunosuppressive drugs
- use of corticosteroids (6-8 weeks)
- oral therapy with retinoids, derivatives of vitamin a (at least 6 months break)
- condition after surgery at the site of surgery (up to 2 months)
- multiple melanocytic marks, numerous telangiectasias
- condition after cryotherapy (up to 6 months)
- skin cancers, including undergoing radiation therapy
- mental disorders, lack of cooperation
- oral, long-term steroid therapy
You might think that having a bunch of tiny needles puncturing your skin would be painful, but surprisingly it is not. Before treatment you’ll have a topical anaesthetic applied, which will eliminate any discomfort during the process. Everyone who has experienced treatment with a microneedling device like a Dermapen has given feedback on how pain free it really is, and some have even commented that it’s a little like a rather rough massage.